Sunday, October 20, 2013

Must.. keep.. going!

Sorry, the name title was my lame attempt to be funny. 

Yesterday, I was feeling very discouraged. I've decided that I am not going to feel like that again. I wrote a book, I've had it illustrated, and I've had it published! Is my book a masterpiece? Probably not, but I am still proud of it. Could it have been better? Absolutely.  Am I going to let that stop me? No! Because I have learned from it. 

I will continue to strive for excellence. I will continue to learn and improve my techniques. Many people have bad things to say about Tate Publishing. I'm sorry, but I got my book out. I didn't write it to become rich and famous. I wrote it for my children. I wrote it to make them proud of me. I wrote it to say "Hey, I love to write and this is my product."  


Goal Accomplished! 

My children are proud of me. They can now say "Look at what my mom did!" Everything else after this point is just a plus. I wanted my book to come out so bad I was willing to self-publish.  I know, "but you're with Tate Publishing, you did self publish." I don't feel comfortable calling them a self-publisher. I've looked into self-publishing companies their set up is completely different. So, I did pay a fee. It was worth it! I have a beautiful book. I have beautiful illustrations that I sure as heck could not have drawn. They have sent me posters, business cards, and much more. 

Don't misinterpret my intentions of this post. I am not trying to tell everyone to sign with Tate Publishing. They may or may not be a perfect fit for your needs.  The point of this post is that I am proud at what I accomplished.  That's the important part. You set a goal and you strive to achieve it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment